StreetStyle: Little Five Points

Snapped all of these running around the A3C events in the Atlanta area last month. I had so much fun randomly meeting other bloggers. More looks from around the Atlanta area are on the way.
 
Met Cortney from www.cortinsession.com and she is seriously a gem! Check out her blog along with the answers given below to a couple of my inquiries about why she started blogging in the first place and how she developed her style.

I work for a NASCAR team and am the only female on the team. Additionally, my spare time is typically spent taking in the local racing at small tracks in the area. Heels at a racetrack = “pit lizard”, “waffle belly”, “racer-chaser”… you get the point. I hated seeing my closet full of nice clothes sitting unworn.  And the web developer in me was yearning to design something girly… I’m talking chevron, sparkles, leopard-print, the whole nine! It terrified me to put my style, thoughts, and suggestions out on the interwebs but, as Sylvia Plath said, “the worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt”.
Beyond that, I’m hoping that the blog develops as a lifestyle blog as well; an online diary for my friends and family scattered around the country now. I hope it develops and grows as I do and I can’t wait to see what it becomes!

I’ve always tried to be a little unique in all aspects of my life. My fashion emerged as an outward expression of that in recent years. You know, the older we get the more comfortable we are being ourselves. I began following a number of bloggers and grew a deeper appreciation for the risks they take and how the paradoxical pieces seemed to work. Combine that with the “all dressed up with nowhere to go” mentality I developed working in NASCAR and you’ve got the makings of a fashion blogger! ;)
 
@swaziprincess28 slaying these leather detailed joggers.

Wise on Peter's Street filling me in on what makes all menswear work.
 
 "Men's fashion is all on the details. It's all about patterns, textures, color and, more importantly, fit. It doesn't matter whether it's J. Crew, Brooks Brothers, Ralph Lauren or Target...a great fitting suit wins every time."
 
Slid by the CupcakeMafia booth to take in their styles on and off the rack (left @inmyownlain right owner of CupcakeMafia). Check out their website. Lots of unique statement pieces, makeup, and jewelry dripping with a rough girly edge. http://www.cupcakemafiats.bigcartel.com/
 
Loved this leotard! @foreversade_ is a model found on the CupcakeMafia site. Check out her entertainment blog www.letstalkbluntly.com and follow her on IG. 
 
Kevin promoting his show. Loved his purple vans and gages.
 
All vintage and all thrifted! JaLynda is the co-founder of the app ThriftPic. I'm hoping we can have a future sit down and talk about our passions. Check out her and her brother's app, blog, and follow them on IG. Join the community they are trying to bring together through the power of being a thrifty shopper. More information on ThriftPic coming soon...till then follow them.
IG: @thriftpic Blog:http://www.thriftpic.com/ JaLynda: @ispylynlyn
 
Seamingly yours,
 
J. Michael


Share:

0 comments