Ultra High, Ultra Right.



Found this ultra high cut one piece last week JUST in time for what has come to be our annual boat party on Lake Lanier. Nothing less than heaven sent!


I still find myself stammering over vintage pieces that fit my frame like perfection. Hands down...this is the most flattering bathing suit I own. More proof I was born in the wrong era or something. lol.




Started with a serious soak in my go-to Tide/Woolite combo before changing out the lining. 

I found a very similar material from Joann's to switch out the lining. Trace the old lining with a pen leaving yourself a quarter of an inch seam allowance. Cut out your pattern.


After snipping out the new lining, I began sewing it in from back to front. Tuck the lining under the elastic and begin your stitch. The whole process was surprisingly simple!


Seamingly yours,

J. Michael


Heads-up! If you're a small and looking to score something similar, GimmeShelterVintage has a more unique version of this one. Major plans to make a copycat version for myself.

Share:

0 comments